Aloo Sev | Potato Sev |alugedde kharada kaddi is very easy to make tea time snack. This aloo sev is a vegan and gluten free snack as well. And made from potatoes, gram flour/besan and spices. Try this easy Aloo sev for this DeepavaLi festival.
Ingredients for making Aloo Sev:
- 2 medium size boiled potatoes(cooked potatoes)
- 1 cup gram flour/kadale hittu/besan
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder(more or less)
- 2 pinches of hing
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- enough oil to fry the sev
- Chakli press with sev disc
- Cook the potatoes.
- Peel the potatoes and grate it to a bowl
- Add other ingredients – salt, chili powder, hing and turmeric powder. Mix it well. No need to add water.
- Grease the sev press and sev disc . Assemble the press, and place the dough in the press.
To make the Aloo Sev:
- Heat enough oil in a pan on medium low heat, once the oil is hot (to check add little dough, it has to come up immediately)
- Press the sev directly into the hot oil as shown in the video..
- Fry it until both sides turns golden brown
- As bubbles subsides, flip and fry on the other side as well.
- Once the Sev turns golden brown, remove and transfer it onto a colander.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough
- Since cooked potatoes has water, no need to add any water to the dough.It will be little wet like this, but if you feel it is too liquidy feel free to add little more gram flour/besan