Gurellu Chutney Pudi | Huchchellu Chutney Powder | ಗುರೆಳ್ಳು ಚಟ್ನಿಪುಡಿ
Gurellu or huchchellu chutney powder is a North Karnataka specialty. It goes well with Jolada rotti and is used for making side dishes too.
There are different ways in which the powder can be prepared. This is one of the varieties.
Check out these other chutney powder such as
and MORE CHUTNEY POWDER RECIPES CLICK HERE
Ingredients for Gurellu Chutney Pudi:
- ½ cup Gurellu / Huchchellu
- 6 to 8 byadagi dry red chillies(or ½ tsp red chilli powder)
- 5 to 6 medium size garlic cloves( optional but tastes good)
- 1 tbsp jaggery powder (optional)
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- Little oil
- Heat the thick bottomed dry pan on medium heat.
- Once it is hot, reduce the heat to medium low, add the gurellu and dry roast it until you hear the cracking sound and there is a nice aroma. Transfer it to a separate bowl.
- To the same pan, add little oil and roast the red chillies until it becomes warm and then turn off the heat and let it cool. (If you are using chilli powder, skip this part)
- Once it has cooled, add all the ingredients to the mixer jar and grind it to a fine powder.
This Gurellu chutney powder is ready.