Easy to make, one pot dill leaves pulao or sabsige soppina palav recipe.
Few of the benefits of dill leaves are:
Dill leaves are healthy greens which are
– anti inflammatory,
-helps to boost the digestion
-helps in reducing insomnia
-menstrual and respiratory discomforts
For joint pain eat a handful of raw dill leaves any time of the day.
INcorporate this green at least once a week and enjoy the benefits,
This pulao is vegan, no need to use onion and garlic, and a very delicious lunch box recipe.
Other dill leaves recipes you can try are
Dill leaves – masoor dal palav
Dill leaves chutney
DIll leaves sambar more dill leaves recipes
Ingredients for making dill leaves pulao:
- 1 cup basmati rice /sona masoori rice
- wash and drain the water, keep aside until you prepare the masala
- 1¾ cup water (water quantity depends on the rice)
- Big bunch of dill leaves/sabbasige soppu (wash and cut the dill leaves(either you can finely chop or grind it with masale)
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp somp/fennel seeds
- +/- 4 green chilies
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic(optional)
- 1.5 tsp salt or salt to taste
- any vegetables of your choice
- (carrots, beans, fresh peas, potatoes…)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf(optional)
- Grind masale along with dill leaves and 2 to 3 tbsp water to coarse paste
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker on medium heat,
- Once the oil is hot add jeera, and bay leaf
- After few seconds add the masale, fry it until the raw smell disappears and the masale leaves the oil as shown
- Now add rice and vegetables, mix it well.
- Add water, salt, mix it.
- Once it starts to boil, mix it once again and cover it. Turn off the heat after 2 whistles
- Once the cooker is cooled completely, mix the pulao gently and it is ready to serve!