jeera rice | jeera pulao | cumin rice recipe
Jeera rice is an easy to make flavored rice recipe. As the name says the main aroma is from the jeera or cumin seeds, and a tinge of cinnamon flavor. Also flavor from aromatic basmati rice as well. This jeera rice is served with Dal tadka. Normally ghee is used in this recipe, since I am a vegan and for the other vegans let us make this rice with any oil of our choice , I am using peanut oil here in this recipe. You can use coconut oil or any cooking oil.
Archive of recipes:
Ingredients for jeera rice:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp jeerige / jeera/ cumin seeds
- 2 small cinnamon pieces
- 2 tbsp cashew pieces
- 1 cardamom / elachi
- 2 cup water(depends on the rice )
- chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp rock salt or salt to taste
- Wash the rice 2 to 3 times, add a cup of water and keep it aside for 10 minutes
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker on medium high heat.
- once the oil is hot add cardamom, cinnamon,jeera, and cashew, Fry it until cashew turn golden brown
- Now add soaked rice, salt, and remaining water. Mix it and let it boil
- Once it starts to boil, cover the lid. Turn off the heat after 1 whistle
- After the pressure is released from the cooker, open the lid, add chopped coriander leaves and mix it gently.
- Jeera rice is ready.Serve with dal or curry of your choice or Dal tadka