Hasi gojju | Kai gojju | raw gojju Recipe using tamarind, garlic, chilies, and spices. This is Vegan, raw, gluten free recipe.
Simple yet delicious kai gojju is made with really simple ingredients. No need to turn on the stove or grind using a mixer. Traditionally this recipe is prepared by mashing the ingredients using hand, Since we cannot handle that burning sensation later, I am using Mortar and pestle to crush the ingredients.
Try this kai gojju with ragi mudde or rice.
Vegan Recipes 👉CLICK HERE
Gluten free Recipes 👉CLICK HERE
Ingredients for making kai gojju :
- medium lemon size tamarind – wash and soak it in the water
- 6 green chilies( more or less)
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp jeera powder/cumin powder( not roasted)
- 5 cloves of garlic(small)
- few curry leaves and coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of water
- Add little more water and extract all the pulp
- Crush the garlic using the mortar and Pestle(kuttaaNi), add it to the tamarind extract
- Crush the green chillies and add.
- Add salt, pepper powder, jeera powder , chopped coriander leaves and chopped curry leaves. Mix it well.
- To get the perfect consistency, I have used around 1/2 cup water
- You can serve this with rice, raagi mudde..