Jackfruit seeds kodubale | halasina bijada kodubale recipe with tips to get crispy kodubale. Vegan no onion no garlic recipe.
Jackfruits are in season. Eat the fruit and save the seeds from jackfruit. We can use these seeds to make Jack fruit seeds Rasam/saaru, and jackfruit seeds vada as well.
Seeds are rich in protein, fiber and also a source of iron as well.
Here is the tasty recipe of kodubale using jackfruit seeds.
Also check these jackfruits recipes:
Tender jackfruit manchurian
Ingredients for making jackfruit seeds kodubale:
- 1 cup jackfruit seeds(remove the outer shell and wash it and keep it ready)
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup chiroti rave/fine sooji / sanna rave/ fine semolina
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder(more or less)
- 2 tbsp oil for the dough
- Enough oil to fry the kodbale
- Pressure cook the seeds with 1 cup of water on medium heat. Turn off the heat after 3 to 4 whistles .
- Once the cooker is cooled completely, take the cooked seeds (no water) to a pan
- Grind coconut, jeera and cooked jackfruit seeds to a fine paste. add as little water as possible to grind. Transfer it to a bowl
- Warm rice flour and rava in a pan on medium low heat. (it may take 3 to 4 minutes)
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a ladle, add the hot oil to rice flour rava mix
- use the spoon to mix, then mix it with your hand. This step is very important
- Add this to the jackfruit seeds paste, add salt, chilli powder. and sesame seeds. Mix it and knead it really well.
- Consistency should be a hard dough.
To make kodubale:
- Take small lime/lemon size dough and prepare the kodubale as shown.
- join at the end. likewise prepare more kodbales and keep it ready to fry
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium low heat, once the oil is hot add the prepared kodbales one by one.(quantity depends on how much oil you are using to fry)
- Fry it until it turns golden brown on all sides. flip it and fry both sides
- Fry it on low heat.
- Once kodbales turn golden brown, remove it from the oil and transfer it onto a colander
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough.
- we can make around 55 kodbale with the given measurement
Tips to make crispy kodbale/chakli:
- Dough should be a little hard consistency.
- 2.when you add hot oil/oil to the flour mix it really well.
- make sure to fry it on low flame.
- Even after following all these tips if the kodbale is still soft, if you have an oven, warm these in the oven for a few minutes. Let it cool and then you will get crispy kodbale