Ragi Mudde | Raagi Mudde Recipe
Ragi Mudde is a wholesome and staple food in many parts of Karnataka. Raagi – Finger millet is full of nutrients. Good source of calcium, fiber iron and much more… We can use this raagi in making Ragi rotti, Raagi Ambali, a healthy drink and this Mudde. Very nutritious breakfast!
Ragi is rich in calcium, iron and fiber. It also contains phytochemical, which aids in slowing down the digestion process. Ragi’s high levels of niacin help in increasing HDL cholesterol while lowering Triglycerides.
You can eat this mudde with:
- 1 cup raagi flour
- 1½ to 2 cup water(depends in the quality of the ragi flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)can be substituted with oil.
- Boil the water, then add salt and 2 teaspoons ghee
- Then add flour and leave it for a minute.
- Take the pan from the stove and mix it until you don’t see any dry flour. You can use the back of the ladle, or wooden spoon.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee, mix it well. Keep this back on stove, cover with a plate, keep it for a minute and turn off the heat.
- Now grease a plate with a little ghee, and transfer the required amount of mudde to it.
- Healthy Raagi Mudde is ready to eat. You can eat the mudde with sambar.