Southekayi hasi gojju is very tasty and easy to make side dish for rotii, rotis and rice. This is Hasi means Raw, here we use all raw ingredients except the chillies, we just fry the green chillies for better taste, but you can add raw green chillies as well. This is No Onion No garlic Vegan side dish.
Cucumber is a low calorie, high water content, vitamin B rich vegetable. It is an excellent source of silica which helps for joint health and weight loss.
Ingredients for making Southekayi hasi gojju:
- 1 medium size cucumber or
- 1 to 1.5 cup finely chopped cucumber
- ¾ cup grated coconut
- 2 to 4 green chillies(cut or slit it)
- ¼ to ½ tsp jaggery
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- little tamarind soaked in water
- ½ tsp salt
- little coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp hurigadale/fried gram dal or you can skip this and add more coconut
- around ½ cup water(depends on the consistency of the gojju
- 2 to 3 tsp oil
- pinch of hing
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- Heat a tsp of oil in a ladle on medium heat, once hot add the green chillies, when the chillies turn white turn off the heat
- Grind grated coconut, the chillies, mustard seeds, coriander leaves,salt, jaggery, hurigadale, tamarind along with soaked water and required amount of water to a fine paste,
- Take chopped cucumber in a bowl, add the masala, mix it well. add water if needed to get the gojju consistency.(i have used little more than 1/2 cup water to get the consistency of gojju)
Now for seasoning:
- heat 2 t sp oil in a ladle, once hot add hing, then the mustard seeds, once the mustard seeds pops turn off the heat and add the seasoning to the gojju.
- add the seasoning to the gojju. and now the hasi southekayi gojju is ready to eat with rice, rotti, rotis….