Masoor dal recipe | whole masoor dal recipe | green lentils curry recipe
Please watch the video for detailed instructions for making masoor dal recipe
Super tasty, easy to make delicious, and healthy vegan and gluten free masoor lentils will be very good with hot rice, millets , quinoa, and also rotis and rotti as well.
With the aroma of coriander leaves masala the dal is heavenly. You can use it as a side dish, or drink it as soup.
The advantage of this whole masoor is there is no need to pre soak, and cooks fast as well.
Hope you will give it a try and share your thoughts with us.
try our moong dal recipe, variety rasam recipes as well
Ingredients for making masoor dal:
- 1 cup whole masoor dal / green lentils
- few curry leaves
- 2 tsp salt or salt to taste
- juice of lime / lemon
- 4 cup water (more or less)
- handful of coriander leaves
- around 8 green chilies ( more or less)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- small piece of fresh ginger
- 1.5 tbsp cooking oil
- pinch of hing/asafetida
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- Wash and cook the masoor whole with 2 cups of water. Turn off the heat after 2 to 3 whistles.
- Grind coriander leaves, green chilies.ginger and garlic without adding water. Then add little water and grind it to a fine paste
- Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan, once hot add hing, mustard seeds, after it pops add jeera. turmeric powder and curry leaves
- Now add cooked masoor lentils
- Add water, and salt, mix it well. Let it boil on medium heat for around 5 minutes
- Turn off the heat and add lemon/lime juice. Mix it and serve with rotis, rice , millet rice and quinoa