Beetroot burfi recipe | Beetroot barfi | vegan beetroot burfi
Beetroot burfi recipe | Beetroot barfi | vegan beetroot burfi | ಬೀಟ್ರೂಟ್ ಬರ್ಫಿ ।Vegan beetroot mitayi | ಕಾಯಿ ಮತ್ತು ತುಪ್ಪ ಬಳಸದೆ ಮಾಡುವ ಬರ್ಫಿ | beetroot barfi without coconut and ghee
Please watch the video for tips and tricks.
If you are vegan ( no animal ingredients) this beetroot burfi is perfect sweet for you!
Beetroot burfi is a very tasty, vegan and gluten free sweet which requires very little oil or ghee(for non vegans).
You might have already tried and tasted this beetroot halwa recipe, if you know the taste you will definitely try this beetroot burfi as well.
Other healthy beetroot recipes are
Beets are rich in Potassium, Manganese, Iron and copper. It also contains a lot of nitrates. Beets also contain Vitamin C and Vitamin B6. Here are the major health benefits of Beets.
Beets help to detoxify or cleanse the body
Beets contain boron, which is very well known for its aphrodisiac properties.
Drinking the beet juice helps to reduce blood pressure,
Beet Greens have more iron than spinach
Rich in Vitamin K. Along with Calcium, Vitamin K will help promote strength of our bones.
Pregnant women can get good relief for morning sickness.
Source of fiber.
Ingredients for making beetroot burfi:
- 3 beetroots
- 1/2 cup almond milk (vegans) or any plant based milk
- or regular milk is also fine
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp elakki powder/cardamom powder
- oil / ghee the plate and keep it ready
- Wash the beetroot, peel the skin and grate it
- Transfer the grated beets to a thick bottom pan, add almond milk or any plant based milk or regular milk
- Mix it and turn on the heat and let it cook on medium heat for a minute, then add sugar.
- Mix it and let it cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the burfi mix thickens.
- Now reduce the heat to low and stir it until the burfi mix forms a ball.
- Add cardamom powder, mix it.
- I have not added any oil/ghee in this recipe. If you feel it is sticking to the pan you can add little coconut oil (vegans) or ghee
- Once it forms a ball/one lump, turn off the heat and
- transfer this to a greased plate, spread it and let it cool completely before you cut this.
- Now cut this to the desired shape and size.
- The measurement we have given here yields around 25 pieces.
- If you cannot get the pieces(very soft) then put the mix back in the pan and keep it back on the stove on medium low heat, stir for a few more minutes, and then put it back on the plate.
- if the burfi is too dry(breaks),put the mix back in the pan, sprinkle little water and keep it back on the stove on medium low heat, stir for few more minutes, and then put it back on the plate. sprinkle some water and follow the same procedure.