Jackfruit halwa recipe | ಹಲಸಿನ ಹಣ್ಣಿನ ಹಲ್ವ । halasina hannina halwa | vegan jackfruit halva
Thanks to all our @swayampaaka youtube channel subscribers. We reached 400,000 subscribers today. To celebrate this happy moment we are sharing authentic malnad sweet recipe jackfruit halwa. Usually this halva is made with ghee, since we are vegans and there are many vegans out there, I am sharing this halwa as vegan halwa using coconut oil instead of ghee. It tastes equally good and you should try this halasina hannibal halva.
Other jackfruit recipes you can try are
Ingredients for making jackfruit halwa:
- 20 jackfruit (remove the seeds and keep it ready)
- or 2¼ cup jackfruit puree
- 4 cardamom
- 12 cashews
- 1¼ cup powdered jaggery (quantity depends on the sweetness of jackfruit and the jaggery)
- 1/4 cup water for the jaggery
- 2 tbsp pure coconut oil ( this is for vegans)
- or you can use ghee
- Remove the seeds and grind the jackfruit along with cardamom to a fine paste
- Heat the oil or ghee in a thick bottom pan on medium heat, fry the cashews until it turns golden brown. transfer it to a plate,
- keep the pan back on the table and add the puree, Mix it well.
- melt the jaggery with 1/4 cup water.
- once melted completely add the syrup to the jackfruit, mix it
- stir it until the water evaporates, when the halva mix is too liquidy you can keep the medium high flame and stir.
- Now the halva is thickening, reduce the heat, add a tbsp oil/ghee, mix it
- It took 45 minutes to get the desired consistency. Please watch the video for the consistency of the halwa.
- if you want this. like burfi, you have to stir it for more time adding oil/ghee until it forms a ball .
- Halwa is ready to serve,
- You can store this for 8 to 10 days.