Bendekayi masale palya recipe | bendekai recipe | Masala bhindi |Okra side dish recipe
Easy, vegan and gluten free side dish for chapathi, rotti, rice and variety rotis as well. Here is the simple yet delicious sabzi is this bendekayi masale palya without garam masala. Bendekai/Okra/ lady”s finger is high fiber, low calorie vegetable. Okra are the good source of folates, vitamin C and contains Vitamin K. Bendekayi is rich in iron, calcium, and magnesium as well. For kids and adults okra is one the healthiest vegetables to be served at least once a week.
Interested in these Okra / bendekayi/bhindi recipes? Try Bendakayi Sambar, Bendekayi kayi rasa, Bendekayi gojju , bendekai palya and bendekai rasam
Ingredients for making Bendekayi masala palya:
- 1/2 kg bendekayi/okra/bhindi
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 onions
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal /uddina bele/split black gram
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 15 curry leaves
- 1 to 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp green chili powder or 1 green chili
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp jeera powder
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- juice of half a lime/lemon(optional)
- Wash and cut the bendekai as shown here
- Finely chop onion and tomatoes
- Grate the ginger and garlic and keep it ready
- Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan on medium low heat, once hot add mustard seeds, after it pops add dals,
- After the dals turn golden brown add curry leaves, turmeric powder and cut okra
- mix it well, and let it cook.Stir in between
- Once the bhindi is cooked well add grated ginger and garlic. stir for 30 seconds
- Now add finely chopped onion, mix it. Fry it for a minute or 2
- add finely chopped tomato and salt, red and green chili powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, mix it well.
- Increase the heat to high and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves and mix it well. Turn off the heat. then add lemon / lime juice. Mix it and serve with roti, chapathi, rice or ragi roti as well.