tondekayi masale palya | ತೊಂಡೇಕಾಯಿ ಪಲ್ಯ|Ivy gourd /tindora recipes Vegan no onion no garlic recipes.
Tondekai palya / ivy gourd, tindora palya can be prepared as a side dish to rasam rice or you can eat with rice and little oil. Also goes well with rotis, chapathi, jowar roti, bhakri and rottis as well. This vegan, no need to use onion or garlic.
Try these tindora recipes | tondekai recipes such as TONDEKAI MAJJI HULI, and another way of making TONDEKAI PALYA
Some of the benefits of Tondekai is , raw tender tindora is used to treat mouth ulcers. Promotes heart health, bone health, improves digestion, and immunity.
Ingredients for making tondekai palya:
- 400 grams / around 1 lb tondekayi/ivy gourd
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp uddina bele / urad dal
- 1 tsp kadle bele / chana dal
- 15 curry leaves
For masale powder:
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- around 15 byadagi red chilies(more or less)
- lemon size tamarind – wash and soak it in water
- 2 tbsp jaggery
- 1/2 tbsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/4 cup grated fresh or dried coconut
- chopped coriander leaves
- 1 3/4 cup water
- Wash and cut the tondekaayi as shown here
- After it pops add dals, fry it until the dals turn golden brown
- Then add curry leaves, turmeric powder, mix it. Add cut tondekaayi. Fry it for few seconds
- add water, mix it, cover it, and let it cook. mix it in between, add water if needed
- Heat the pan on medium heat, add kadle bele, fry for seconds, then add uddina bele, and red chilies.
- fry it until the dals turn golden brown, then add coriander seeds
- roast. for a few seconds and then turn off the heat. let it cool
- Once it is cooked, add tamarind pul along with water.
- add jaggery, mix it
- Grind the masale.
- Once the water evaporates, add the masale powder
- Mix it for a minute. Then add grated coconut, chopped coriander leaves, and mix it. Turn off the heat.
- palya is ready. Serve this Tondekayi palya