Alasande Kalu Vada | Black Eyed Beans Vada
Alasande kalu vada or alasande vade or Black eyed beans bonda recipe with detailed video instructions,
Alasande kalu or cowpeas or black eyed peas are protein rich, fiber rich beans . Here is the simple yet delicious bonda or vada recipe which is gluten free, vegan and no onion no garlic snack.
You should try these snacks as well – Ambode , masale ambode, vada , Rava Vada and you can see more snacks recipes HERE
Ingredients for making alasande kalu vada:
- 1 cup alasande kaLu/black eyed beans /cowpeas
- 2¼ cup water or enough water to soak the beans
- 2 tbsp coconut pieces
- around 4 green chillies – finely chopped
- 1 tsp omkaLu/ajwain
- ½ tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- around 20 peppercorns coarsely crushed or 1 tsp pepper powder
- finely chopped curry leaves
- finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- Wash and soak the alasande kalu in enough water for 3 to 4 hours or overnight
- drain the water from the soaked beans and grind it to a fine paste by adding little by little water
- transfer it to a bowl , consistency should be like this – more like uddina vada batter
- to this add salt, pepper powder, curry leaves, ginger, coriander leaves, coconut pieces and ajawin, Mix it well
- You can deep fry in the shape of the vada or you can fry this like bonda.
- Heat enough oil to fry the vadas in a pan on medium low heat.
- take a tbsp or 1.5 tbsp batter and gently drop into the hot oil one by one, fry it until it becomes golden brown on all sides by flipping
- When the vadas turn golden brown on all sides, remove it from the oil and transfer it onto a paper towel or colander
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining batter
- Eat hot vadas with chutney or as it is.