Churumuri | Mysore Agrahara Churumuri
Second Variety of Churumuri, usually you will get this variety from the street chat stalls/vendors. When ever we goto our Dr.Alikhan’s clinic or passing through Agrahara Circle, Mysore we used to eat the Churumuri there at the circle . There they use raw green chilli with a touch of garlic.I never knew it was garlic. I always used to wonder about this unique taste, because at our home my mother never used garlic, never brought home the garlic! Whenever we prepared the green churumuri at home, never used to get that street vendor churumuri taste, I even tried by adding the pudina/mint leaves no, not that taste. After coming to America, for medicinal benefits I started using this Garlic, one day while making this khara/green chutney for churumuri I added one clove of garlic, voila! I got the same taste!
That was the trade secret 🙂 Try this easy delicious churumuri.
Other Chats Recipes CLICK HERE
Ingredients for churumuri:
- 2 cups puffed rice/mandakki puri
For Green Masala for 6 to 8 cups of puri:
- 6 to 10 green chilies
- 1 small clove garlic
- Little coriander leaves/cilantro
- 2 to 4 TBSP water
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 1 to 1½ TBSP chopped coriander leaves
- Little more than ¼ tsp salt
- 1 TBSP chopped green Mango
- 1 to 2 TBSP chopped tomato
- 2 to 3 TBSP finely chopped onion
- 1 to 2 TBSP congress Kadlekai
- Little lemon/lime juice
- 3 tsp filtered unrefined peanut oil / coconut oil
To make Green Masala:
- Grind green chillies, garlic , cilantro along with ¼ tsp salt and 2 tbsp water to a paste. Or
- You can use Mortar and Pestle to make the masala. Add water just enough to get the medium thick paste consistency.may need 2 to 3 TBSP water.
- Check the puri for its crispiness, if it is not crisp just warm it.
- Mix grated carrots, onions and chopped coriander and keep it ready
- In a big bowl add puri, handful of the above mix, 3 tsp oil, little green masala(add according to your spice intake), along with a pinch of salt. Mix it well
- Add congress kadlekai, and squeeze some lemon juice mix it again.
There you go delicious Churumuri with green Khara/spice 🙂
- Mix the churumuri in small batches say 2 to 3 cups of puri at once to enjoy crisp churumuri !