godhi hittina pakoda | Wheat flour Pakoras
godhi hittina pakoda | Wheat flour Pakoras -Please watch the video for detailed instructions. This is a Vegan snack recipe
Another simple yet delicious evening snack wheat flour pakoras / pakodas or godhi hittina pakoda. These easy pakoras can be made with easily available ingredients at home.
Pakoras or fritters are a very popular Indian snack. Try this Vegan snack with green chutney or sauce.
Easy to make, spicy, crispy winter time or rainy season snack and best party / get together appetizer.
Try other pakoda recipes such as
And for more snack recipes CLICK HERE
Ingredients for making godhi hittina pakoda | Wheat flour Pakoras:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour / godhi hittu
- 4 finely chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp red chilli powder(more or less)
- chopped fresh coconut pieces
- 3/4 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 to 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp omkalu/omam/ajwain
- quantity of these 5 ingredients – your choice
- 1/2 tbsp oil for the pakoda batter
- 1 1/4 tsp salt or salt taste
- around 1/2 cup water (the quantity depends on the consistency of the batter)
- I have used 1/4 cup+1 tbsp water
- enough oil to fry the pakoda
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a ladle, once hot add this to the wheat flour, mix it well
- Add dry ingredients, mix it with your hand.
- Adding hot oil is very important step in this recipe to get crispy pakodas
- Now add remaining ingredients, mix it without adding water first.
- Add water little by little and get this consistency.(I have used 1/4 cup+1 tbsp of water)
- Cover it and let it sit for 45 minutes or more
- Mix it again.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium low heat.
- Once hot add around 1/2 tbsp to 1 tbsp of batter to the hot oil one by one and fry it until all sides turn golden brown.
- Flip , and stir constantly until all sides turn golden brown.
- Once it is done, remove it with a perforated ladle, and transfer it to the colander .
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining batter
- We can make around 40 pakodas.
- Do not skip adding hot oil to the flour step
- Fry these pakoras on medium low heat