green gram ambode | hesaru kaalu ambode | moong vada
Ambode is a south Indian deep fried snack made with lentils. These are called vada in many parts of India as well. These are prepared on festival days and as evening snacks during rainy and cold winter days. Hot cup of coffee or Tea with ambode is a perfect way to spend time with friends and family.
Here in this recipe we are making ambode using green gram or mung beans or whole moong, hesarukaaLu in kannada.
other recipe you can try
Ingredients green gram ambode:
- 1/2 cup green gram/moong
- wash and soak green gram /moong for 6 to 8 hours or overnight
- 4 green chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- oil to fry
- Drain the water, and grind soaked green gram along with chilies, coconut, and salt to a coarse consistency
- Transfer it to a bowl, add onion, coriander leaves and mint leaves, mix it well
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, once the oil is hot(check by adding little vade mix , it ihas to come up immediately,
- Now take the desired portion, make the ambode shape and add it to the hot oil one by one.(quantity depends on the amount of oil you are using)
- Fry both sides until it turns golden brown .
- vade/ambode turned golden brown on all sides, remove it on to a colander,
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining ambode mix.