sprouted menthya kosambari | sprouted menthe salad | menthya kaalina kosambari | methi salad is a very simple yet tasty, healthy raw salad recipe.
Speaking of methi or fenugreek seeds they are –
Methi seeds / menthya / fenugreek seeds have lots of medicinal value. They are loaded with antioxidants. These seeds promote healthy hair, and help to relieve discomfort due to arthritis. They also help to avoid constipation and aids in liver function and digestion. It helps in reduction of cholesterol and removal of toxins from the body.
And about carrots benefits:
Carrot is an amazing root loaded with Vitamin A and beta carotene. The high level of beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant. It helps slow down the aging of cells. Chewing on a piece of carrot after each meal helps in maintaining the healthy gums and teeth.
You must try these other menthya / fenugreek recipes such as – Methi Dosa, metthya leha for new moms and girls, and also menthya tambuli Here in this salad recipe we are using sprouted seeds and carrots, you can add any vegetables of your choice to this and eat.
Ingredients for sprouted menthya kosambari:
- 1 tbsp methi seeds / menthya
- wash, soak and then sprout the menthe
- 1 tbsp grated green mango( mango which is seasonal else use lime or lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- chopped coriander leaves and few curry leaves
- few raisins
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1 chopped green chili
- heat the oil in a ladle on medium heat,
- add hing, mustard seeds, after it pops add urad dal, once it turns golden brown add green chilies, as the chillies changes its color add curry leaves, turn off the heat
- combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add prepared seasoning, mix it well and eat!