bread toast | healthy nuts chutney | carrot and bell pepper palya | sandwich recipe
Easy, tasty breakfast or evening snack recipe using bread. We are making healthy nuts chutney, and vegetables palya for this recipe. We need onions, carrots and some colorful or green bell pepper / capsicum to make palya. Healthy chutney spread is made with almond cashews and mint. Try this easy recipe for breakfast or evening snack. This is a vegan recipe .
Ingredients bread toast with healthy nuts chutney | palya:
- congress kadalekayi (recipe here )
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 15 almonds
- 10 cashews
- handful of mint
- 2 green chillies
- juice of lime/lemon
- 3/4 tsp rock salt/salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil or olive oil
- finely chopped 3 green chiliies
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely choppes
- 1.5 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup mix of cut bell peppers
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium low heat, add green chillies, fry it for a few seconds,
- Add almonds, fry it for a few seconds, then add cashews,fry it.
- Once the cashews turn golden brown,add mint leaves, fry it for a minute
- Turn off the heat, transfer it to a mixer jar, and let it cool,
- Keep the pan back on the stove, add 1 tbsp oil, add green chillies, fry it. then add garlic, fry it for a minute
- Add chopped onion, fry it for a minute,then add the remaining vegetables.Fry it until everything is cooked well.
- Finally add salt, mix it and turn off the heat. squeeze lime/lemon. juice, mix it
- Grind the chutney adding salt and 1/4 cup water to the required consistency
- Heat the tava on medium low heat, and toast the bread slices both sides putting some oil on tava.
- reduce the heat and spread the chutney, and put palya, few congresses as shown.
- Bread toast is ready to serve