Butternut squash soup recipe | butternut squash vegan soup recipe
Butternut squash is a type of winter squash orange skin and a bright orange interior.
The taste of butternut squash is fairly mild, and a little bit nutty
butternut squash is packed with, vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium, fiber….
Try this easy, delicious, healthy, vegan and gluten free butternut squash soup and share your thoughts through comments
Ingredients Butternut squash soup recipe :
- around 3.5 cups of cut squash
- 1 small onion- chopped
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- 1 to 2 red chilies or green chilies or pepper powder
- 1 bay leaf
- some cooked beans (optional)
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil or any cooking oil
- 2 pinches of turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- 2 to 3 cups of water
- Heat the oil in pan on medium heat, add bay leaf, chili and onion, garlic.
- Sprinkle some salt, mix it, add 2 pinches of turmeric powder, mix it, fry it for few seconds
- add cut squash, stir it for a minute and the add 1.5 cups of water,
- Cover it and cook it for 6 to 7 minutes on medium heat
- Once the squash is cooked well, turn off the heat, add salt. Let it cool a bit
- If the mixer jar is glass or stainless steel you can grind it hot, if it is plastic let this mix cool completely before you grind.
- Once cooled, grind it, add water if needed.
- You can grind the bay leaf or you can discard.
- Transfer the soup back to the pan add some water to mixer jar and add that as well
- add cooked beans (if any),and pepper powder, mix it. let the soup boil on medium heat.
- Now this soup is ready. Turn off the heat
- Serve the soup with little pepper powder, and cream.( I am adding cashew cream here). a piece of toasted bread.