Sorekai tirulina Dosa | lauki dosa | Bottle gourd dosa is one of the dosa varieties of South India, especially Malnad region of Karnataka.
Easy, healthy and tasty breakfast sorekai dose / bottle gourd dosa recipe using the center spongy part of the sorekayi. No fermentation needed to make this dosa, also it is a vegan, gluten free breakfast as well.
Try this dosa with coconut chutney or any chutney of your choice.
When it comes to breakfast, it is always a question, what to prepare? Everyday we will look for something different. Here is one of the healthy and delicious breakfast from malenaadu region of Karnataka. This is Vegan, gluten free, and easy, delicious dosa recipe, no need to ferment the batter.
For other dosa recipes CLICK ON DOSA RECIPES
Other vegan recipes on our channel “swayampaaka Vegan recipes “
you can find the Kitchen tools we use here 👉: https://amzn.to/3iz1Lma
Ingredients for making sorekai tirulina dosa:
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 tsp menthya/methi seeds
- sorekayi tiruLu / center spongy part
- handful of curry leaves or coriander leaves
- 3/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- Wash and soak the rice and menthya in 1 cup of water
- Soak this for 2 to 3 hours or overnight
- Transfer around 1/2 the water from the soaked rice to a cup.
- Grind it to a fine consistency
- Then add all other ingredients and pulse few times or grind
- transfer it to a pan. The consistency of the batter should be like this.
- No need to add any extra water
- Now the batter is ready. No need to ferment the batter
TO MAKE THE DOSA:
- Grease and heat the tava on medium heat.
- once hot pour a ladle full of batter in the center and make the dosa as shown here
- Put some oil on and around the edges
- Cover it and let it cook for a minute or 2
- Now the dosa is ready, transfer it onto a plate and serve hot dosa
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining batter.
- no need to oil the tava everytime you make the dosa.
- You can serve the dosa with coconut chutney or any chutney of your choice or with chutney powder and little oil as well