Tappale dose | tappale dosa recipe | no need to ferment the dosa batter | easy dosa recipe
Tappale Dosa is a unique healthy and tasty breakfast. I learnt this tappale dose recipe from Shri Shankar, and prepared it many times . We love this dosa and would like to share it with you all. This is no onion and no garlic, gluten free breakfast dish.
Here in this recipe we have used toor dal and rice as main ingredients. We can also use a variety of dals to prepare the same.
This recipe calls for yogurt. You can use cow’s milk curd or if you want to make it vegan you use non dairy yogurt as well.
Ingredients for making tappale dosa:
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup togari bele / toor dal ( coarsely powder it or wash and coarsely grind)
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1.5 cup curd (dairy or non dairy yogurt)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 2 to 3 green chilies
- 1.5 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- Wash and grind the toor dal / togari bele to finely coarse batter (I am washing the rice and the dal and grinding with curd to coarse consistency or you can coarse powder and use).
- Transfer it to a bowl, add little water and remaining yogurt
- Crush pepper and jeera , add that as well along with coconut, coriander leaves, salt and chopped green chilies
- Mix it well and keep it aside for 1 to 2 hours
- After 1 to 2 hours – mix the batter, add water or curd if needed. Consistency should be a little thick batter than the regular dosa batter.
To make the tappale dosa:
- Grease and heat the tava on medium heat
- Once the tava is hot, pour a ladleful of batter in the center and make the dosa, put some oil around the edges and on the dosa .
- Cover it and let it cook on medium low /medium heat
- As dosa is ready. Remove it and serve hot dosa with ghee or with chutney .
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining batter.
- with the given measurement we can make around 12 dose,
- Refrigerate the remaining batter and make sure to bring the batter to room temperature before making the dosas.