badanekayi ennegayi with cashew masala
Badanekayi Ennegayi is one of the super delicious side dishes which is in combination with Jolada Rotti. Badanekai ennegayi is a mouth watering side dish, Very easy to make and healthy too. Peanuts are usually used for this recipe, so people with allergies never can taste this wonderful dish. So we tried with cashews, and the dish is as delicious as the original peanut one. So people with peanut allergies can enjoy this ennegayi 🙂
If you are not allergic to peanut try this-badanekayi ennegayi with peanuts
Ingredients for badanekayi ennegayi:
- 10 badanekayi | brinjal | eggplants
- 1 capsicum
- 1 tbsp rock salt or salt to taste
- coriander leaves
- little tamarind
- around 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 small cinnamon pieces
- 3 tbsp or 20 to 23 cashews
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 12 byadagi red chilies and
- 15 jeerigemenasinakayi
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp uddina bele /urad dal/ black gram
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 15 curry leaves
- Grind cinnamon, jeerige, coriander seeds, cashews, coconut, chilies without adding water first.
- then add 1/2 cup water and grind it to a fine paste
- wash and cut the eggplants as shown in the video
- Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan, once it is hot add mustard, after it pops add dals, fry it
- After dals turn golden brown add curry leaves and turmeric powder , mix it. add brinjal,
- stir it and cover it. Cook this on medium low heat.
- Stir in between and let it cook
- Wash and cut the capsicum.
- after 7 to 8 minutes – mix it once again, add chopped capsicum, mix it. cover it and let it cook for a minute
- add tamarind extract to 3/4 cooked brinjal
- add salt, add masale, add water, jaggery and mix it. Let it cook /boil
- The consistency of the ennegayi is as shown in the video.
- I have used around 3 cups of water altogether
- Now the eggplants are cooked well and ennegayi is ready. Add chopped coriander leaves, mix it. turn off the heat.
- Serve this rotti, rotis, jolada rotti…