Energy bars recipe | nuts, dry fruits and seeds chikki
Energy bars recipe | Protein bars recipe | Energy Bar with nuts, dry fruits, and seeds | Vegan and Gluten free chikki
Easy to make homemade energy bars which are best for travel and hikes as well. This vegan and gluten free chikki .Protein bars recipe | Energy Bar with nuts and seeds | Vegan and Gluten free. made with jaggery.
This is an energy bar or protein bar or nuts, dry fruits and seeds chikki , very delicious and nutritious. Best for a kids snack or when you go for a hike.
Other healthy breakfast recipes
you can find the Kitchen tools we use here 👉: https://amzn.to/3iz1Lma
Ingredients for Energy bars recipe:
1/4 cup each of the following:
- raisins/dried grapes
- rolled oats
- 12 dried dates(ಉತ್ತುತ್ತೆ)
- 15 fresh dates
- Pumpkin seeds and cucumber seeds – 2 tbsp each (you can add sunflower seeds as well)
- 1/2 cup groundnuts/peanuts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered jaggery
- 1/4 cup water to melt the jaggery
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds/til/eLLu
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
It yields around 40 pieces
- Chop all the nuts and dates as shown here.
- To the chopped nuts and dates add raisins, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and cocoa powder
- Dry roast separately one by one- flax seeds, oats and sesame seeds on medium low heat.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- Dry roast peanuts, then turn off the heat. Once peanuts are cooled then remove the skin
- add these dry roasted ingredients except sesame seeds to the mix.
- mix it well
- Take jaggery and water in a pan, melt this on medium heat.
- Grease the flat surface ( cutting board here) keep it ready
- Strain the melted jaggery to a thick bottom pan
- Keep the pan back on the stove on medium heat. let it boil until you get the thread consistency,
- that is when we add little syrup to the cold water, we should be able to make a soft ball as shown here
- To the syrup add all the ingredients, turn off the heat and mix it well
- Pour this on the greased surface, spread evenly, and roll it to a big rectangle with a greased rolling pin.
- Now sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds on top, roll it once again
- Once this is cooled completely cut the bar to desired shape and size