rice laddu recipe | ಹುರಿಯಕ್ಕಿ ಉಂಡೆ | huriyakki unde recipe | akki unde | vegan, gluten free
Rice laddu or huriyakki unde or hurida akki unde is an easy and delicious gluten free snack or sweet recipe. With only three ingredients – rice, jaggery, coconut. We use boiled rice here for this particular recipe.
Also check these laddu recipes
And laddu recipes HERE
Check these recipes –
Ingredients rice laddu recipe:
- 1 cup kusubalakki / kuchalakki/boiled rice
- 3/4 cup jaggery
- 1/4 cup groundnuts / peanuts ( you can use almonds and cashews as well)
- 1/2 cup grated dry coconut
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp water to melt the jaggery
- Heat the pan on low heat, dry roast the rice until it puffs up. Turn off the heat
- dry roast the peanuts, transfer it to a plate. Once it is cooled completely, remove the skin and keep it ready.
- just warm the dry coconut. turn off the heat and let it cool.
- grind the rice to a coarse powder.
- Now add coconut, peanuts, salt and cardamom powder. Mix it well.
- melt the jaggery with 2 tbsp water, then strain it to a thick bottom pan.
- Place the syrup back on the stove on medium low heat. Once you get the one string/thread consistency
- as shown here, turn off the heat
- add the rice mix. Mix it well.
- cover it and let it becomes warm, so that it will be easy to make the unde
- Now either wet or grease your hand and make the desired size unde/laddu.
- we can make around 12 unde /laddu with the given measurement.
- you can add more peanuts and kobri/dried coconut