Vegan Coffee using badam/almond milk. In this episode we have the recipe of vegan milk, which is how to make almond milk and prepare the coffee using almond milk.
If you are a coffee lover and a Vegan, the one thing we really miss is coffee. As a vegan I am missing the morning coffee as well. Though it is not equal to the taste of cow’s milk coffee, thinking about the cruelty to the cows I am glad, I am happy and proud that I am vegan.
Other vegan recipes on our channel “swayampaaka Vegan recipes “
Kitchen tools we use visit- : SWAYAM PAAKA KITCHEN TOOLS
Ingredients for Vegan coffee :
- 15 almonds
- 1 cup water
- Soak the almonds in 1/4 cup of water for 3 to 4 hours or overnight
- Then remove the skin
- First grind this without adding water, then add 1/4 cup water and grind it to a fine paste, then strain it to a cup
- put the almonds back, add little water and grind it, strain it.
- Follow the same procedure may be another 1 to 3 times.
- No need to discard, you can use almond pulp when you make dosa, rotti or chutney
- With 15 almonds/badami we have 1 cup milk.
Making the coffee using the Almond milk:
- Since the badam milk curdles when we boil , best way to heat this up is take some water in a pan, keep the almond milk cup in the water, cover it and boil the water,
- Now the almond milk will be hot, add coffee decoction to this milk, sugar, mix it well
- Vegan coffee with almond milk is ready to drink.
- Soaking the almonds is highly recommended, but in case you are in a hurry or forgot to soak the almonds- you can powder(grind) dry almonds then grind with water.