rave jamun recipe | rava jamoon recipe |vegan jamun | ರವೆ ಜಾಮೂನ್ । Vegan rava jamun recipe | Vegan sweet recipes | sooji jamun.
For vegans who are cravings for jamun here is the rave jamun recipe. Made with local rave /coarse sooji and a mix of coconut milk, almond milk.
Try and leave a comment how you liked it 🙂
Other vegan recipes on our channel “swayampaaka Vegan recipes “
Kitchen tools we use visit- : SWAYAM PAAKA KITCHEN TOOLS
Have a look at these mouth watering vegan recipes like
more vegan recipes HERE
Ingredients for making rave jamun recipe:
- 1/2 cup local rave /medium rava / coarse sooji / uppittina rave
- 3 tsp cooking oil
- to roast the rava and for kneading
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water or
- you can use any one of them – 1.5 cups
- oil to deep fry jamoon
For sugar syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 2.5 cup water
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan on low heat, roast the rava for 3 to 4 minutes or until you the nice aroma.
- Keep mixing and add water, almond milk and coconut milk little by little, increase the heat. to medium low. let it boil,
- Once it starts to boil reduce the heat, keep mixing until it forms a ball(1/2 minute is enough)
- Once it is cooked well, turn off the heat
- Transfer this mix to a greased plate. Cover it and let it cool a bit
- Keep the water to boil on medium heat.
- Add sugar, mix it and let it melt and boil for 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan on low heat, roast therava for 3 to4 minutes or until you get the nice aroma.
- It is like regular jamun sugar syrup. Finally add cardamom powder, turn off the heat
- grease the hand and knead the warm dough for 5 minutes
- It has to be a soft dough, make little balls as shown here in the video
To fry the jamun:
- Heat the oil to fry on medium low heat, once hot (check by adding little dough, it has to come up immediately) add prepared jamuns one by one.
- NOTE: Once it is cooked/fried a little then flip/stir the jamoon otherwise it will break.
- Fry the jamuns in batches.Prepare few and keep it ready for the next batch
- Once the jamuns turn golden brown all sides remove and transfer it onto a paper towel.
- Add hot jamuns to the warm syrup
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining jamuns
- Soak the jamuns for an hour or more, and are ready to serve.
- we can make around 50 jamuns with the measurement given.