Sweet Avalakki Recipe | Fried Crispy sweet poha recipe
Here is simple poha / avalakki sweet which can be prepared in minutes- Fried sweet avalakki. Easy to make Krishna Janmashtami sweet.Store this in an airtight container and enjoy for a week.
this sweet recipe is vegan, gluten free.
Ingredients for making Sweet Avalakki Recipe :
- 1/2 cup gatti avalakki/ thick poha
- 3 to 4 tbsp powdered sugar ( powder with 2 to 3 cardamom ) or add
- 1/4 tsp cardamom power
- 6 to 8 cashews
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 +tbsp grated dry coconut
- oil to fry the avalakki
- Heat the oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Heat the oil in a wok on medium heat. Once the oil is hot ( to check by adding little poha, it has to puff up immediately) add enough avalakki,
- fry it until all puffs up(it takes only a few seconds), remove ti and transfer fried avalakki onto a paper towel.
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining avalakki.
- After frying the avalakki, fry raisins until it puffs up, remove it transfer it onto a paper towel.
- Then fry cashews until it turns golden brown, transfer it onto a paper towel and turn off the heat
- Now take fried avalakki in a bowl
- Add grated dry coconut, fried raisins and cashews. mix it well.
- sweet is ready to eat.