balekai cutlet recipe | ಬಾಳೆಕಾಯಿ ಕಟ್ಲೆಟ್ । balekayi cutlet| green banana /plantain cutlet | snack recipe
Watch the video for tricks and tips!
Cutlet is a healthy easy snack, can be prepared with potato, mixed vegetables and with dried beans as well. Here in this recipe we have used balekayi or breen or raw banana or plantain to make the cutlet. Serve this with ketchup or green chaat chutney. Please try this balekai cutlet and share your thoughts with us.
Plantains are loaded with Vitamin B6, antioxidants and minerals. Plantains contain soluble fibers which aid in regular bowel movements.
Also check these balekai recipes such as
Raw banana palya
Green / raw banana dosa
Interested in more banana or green plantain or banana stem recipes, click on BANANA RECIPES.
Ingredients for balekai cutlet:
- 2 balekayi / green banana / plantain
- 3/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1 tsp jeera powder/cumin seeds powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 green chilies – finely chopped
- 2 tbsp grtaed mango or little lemon juice or 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic(optional)
- generous amount of finely chopped coriander leaves
- roasted rava (chiroti /fine rava or local rava) or bread crumbs also works
- Wash and cut the plantain edges, then pressure cook the bananas on medium heat. Turn off the heat after 2 whistles.
- Add all ingredients listed above, ( except rava), mix it well
- Take a tbsp or desired amount of the balekai mix and make the cutlets as shown in the video. Prepare few and keep it ready
To make the Balekai cutlet:
- Heat the tava on medium low heat, put some oil
- Dip the prepared cutlets in the rava and toast it both sides on the tava until it turns golden brown on both sides, Add some oil
- Prepare few more and keep it ready
- Once the cutlets turned golden brown, remove it and serve hot with ketchup or green chaat chutney.
For the next batch :
- Add some oil again and repeat the same procedure to make more cutlets
- We can make around 15 small cutlets