Moolangi Chutney | Radish Chutney | Karnataka Recipes
Moolangi Chutney is very tasty and easy to make side dish goes well with rice, rotti, and rotis..
Mulangi / Daikon Radish are low calorie, fat free vegetables, rich in vitamin C, calcium and fiber. Raw Radish helps in preventing and controlling the piles.
It helps in digestion, detox the body, boosts the immunity, and good for bone health. Also it is good for weight loss.
Other Chutney recipes like Hagalkayi Chutney, heerekayi Chutney , togari bele chutney , Horse Gram chutney
Try these other Radish recipes, – Radish Sambar , radish kosambari ,
Ingredients for making Moolangi Chutney:
- 1 medium size radish/moolangi
- wash and peel the skin, grate it
- around 1¼ cup to 1.5 cup grated moolangi
- ¼ cup toor dal / Togari bele
- ¼ cup grated coconut
- 2 marble size tamarind soaked in water
- 5 to 6 dried red chillies (byadagi red chillies)
- ¾ tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1 tsp jaggery
- chopped coriander leaves
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- 2 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 red chilli (broken pieces)
- Heat the pan on medium heat, dry roast the toor dal until the raw smell disappears and turns golden brown, transfer it to a plate
- Reduce the heat to low and keep the pan back on the stove and heat 1/4 tsp oil, put the red chillies and 4 to 6 curry leaves, fry it for few seconds , turn off once the chillies becomes warm.
- Add coconut, mix it well. Then add roasted toor dal, grated radish. Mix it and let it cool.
- Once cooled grind it along with jaggery, soaked tamarind(make sure there are no seeds) salt, and water to a relatively coarse consistency.
- Transfer the chutney to a bowl, mix it. If you are eating with rice let the chutney consistency be thick else add some water.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a ladle, once hot add hing( use gluten free hing for gluten free chutney), mustard seeds, after it sputters add red chillies, turn off the heat and add curry leaves
- Put this seasoning to the chutney mix it and serve with rice, dosa, idli, chapathi..