Jackfruit Sabudana Kheer | Seemeakki halasina hannina payasa
Please watch the video for making delicious Jackfruit Sabudana kheer.
Festival season is coming up here is special payasa to try this season. .
Jackfruits or halasina hannu are flavorful and tastiest fruit on earth. We can make many mouth watering dishes using this fruit, tender jackfruit and we can use the seeds as well. Jackfruit dosa,Jackfruit manchurian, chips, jackfruit seeds rasam andJackfruit idli
Try this tasty and flavorful Jackfruit sabbakki payasa
Ingredients for making Jackfruit Sabudana Kheer :
- around 15 halasina hannina thoLe / jackfruit
- 1/4 cup seeme akki/sabbakki / tapioca pearls
- 1+ tbsp ghee
- 6 almonds (cut into small pieces)
- 6 cashews ((broken into pieces)
- around 10 to 12 raisins
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 cup coconut milk ( you can prepare either by grinding the fresh coconut or adding water to the freshly grated coconut and squeeze the milk
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1 cup boiled and cooled milk
- around 2¼ cup water
- Cut the jackfruit into small pieces, ( you can save the seeds)
- Pressure cook the seeme akki with 1 cup of water on medium heat. Turn off after 1 whistle.
- Heat the ghee in a thick bottom pan on medium low heat and fry the almonds, cashews and raisins until the nuts turn golden brown and raisins puffs up, transfer this to a plate. leave the ghee in the pan.
- Keep the pan back on stove and add the cut fruit and stir it
- melt the jaggery with 1/4 cup of water
- after 2 to 3 minutes of stirring, strain the melted jaggery to the fruit, let it boil for 2 minutes, then add coconut milk,mix it well.
- Add the cooked sabudana to the payasa, mix it really well. let it boil for 5 to 6 minutes on medium low heat
- after 5 to 6 minutes … add cardamom powder and turn off the heat. add fried nuts and raisins
- Add milk when the payasa becomes little warm. mix it well and serve
- After a while payasa may become thick, in that case you can add milk and bring it to the proper consistency