kamakasturi bijada payasa | Sabja seeds kheer | sweet basil seeds payasa |
Tukmaria/ sabja seeds /tulsi seeds/kamakasturi seeds are body cooling seeds. Whenever you feel burning sensation in the hands, and feet try thiis remedy – Soak a tsp of these seeds in water for 15 to 20 minutes and then drink. This will reduce stress, body heat, weight loss, constipation, and immunity.
Here is the recipe of payasa/kheer using these wonderful sabja seeds.
Ingredients for making kamakasturi bijada payasa:
- 1.5 tbsp kamakasturi bija / sabja seeds / sweet basil seeds/tukmaria
- 3/4 cup jaggery
- 4 to 5 cups of water
- 1¼ cup fresh grated coconut
- 15 almonds
- 10 cashews
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp cashew pieces
- 1 tbsp almond pieces
- 1 tbsp raisins/dry grapes
- Soak the seeds in 1 cup of water for 10 to 15 minutes
- Powder almonds, cashews and cardamom first and then add coconut and water. Grind it to a fine paste.
- Melt the jaggery in a pan along with 1/4 cup water on medium heat
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium heat, add almonds, fry it for 30 seconds then add cashews, fry it until it slightly changes its color. Now add raisins, fry it until it puffs up, transfer it to a plate.
- Strain the melted jaggery to the same pan along with ground coconut Nuts paste.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the mixer jar and add that as well
- Boil this mix on medium low heat. add water in between, and make sure stir in between
- add the soaked kamakasturi beeja / sabja seeds and let it boil for 2 minutes. Then turn off the heat
- Finally add the fried nuts and raisins, mix it well and serve
- I have used 4¼ cup of water all together