Beetroot rasam recipe, beetroot saru | beetroot saaru- This is Vegan, gluten free and No Onion, No Garlic Recipe
Beetroot rasam is healthy, tasty and easy to make rasam recipe. In this recipe we are not using any dals. Drink as soup or eat with rice, either way it is delicious. Some of the benefits of beetroot are,
Beets are rich in Potassium, Manganese, Iron and copper. It also contains a lot of nitrates. Beets also contain Vitamin C and Vitamin B6. Here are the major health benefits of Beets.
Beets help to detoxify or cleanse the body
Beets contain boron, which is very well known for its aphrodisiac properties.
Drinking the beet juice helps to reduce blood pressure,
Beet Greens have more iron than spinach
Rich in Vitamin K. Along with Calcium, Vitamin K will help promote strength of our bones.
Pregnant women can get good relief for morning sickness.
Source of fiber.
Try the other rasam recipes such as, – Beetroot and beet green playa, beetroot halva, Beetroot sambar,
Tomato rasam with dal
Tomato rasam with dal
Green gram rasam
Pepper jeera rasam
And more rasam recipes CLICK HERE
Rasam Powder/saarina pudi recipe – CLICK HERE
Ingredients for making beetroot rasam:
- 1 small beetroot or
- 1/2 cup grated beetroot
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
- key lime size tamarind (wash and soak in water )
- 1.5 tsp rock salt or salt to taste
- 1.5 tsp sarina pudi / rasam powder
- 10 curry leaves
- little jaggery(usually beets will be naturally sweet, if you like you can add )
- Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- 5 cups of water
- 1 tsp coconut oil or ghee
- pinch of hing
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- Wash and peel the skin of the beets and grate it
- Grind grated beets and coconut without adding water first. Then add water and grind it to a fine paste
- transfer the paste to a big pan, add 2 to 2.5 cups of water, mix it and let it boil on medium heat for 10 minutes
- Now add curry leaves, jaggery, salt,rasam powder and add tamarind extract .
- add enough water to get the rasam consistency, I have used around 5 cups including soaking the tamarind. Boil on medium low heat for 10 more minutes.
- finally add chopped coriander leaves, mix it and turn off the heat
- heat oil in a ladle on medium heat, once the oil is hot add mustard seeds, after it pops add jeera, fry it for few seconds, add turmeric powder and turn off the heat
- add the seasoning to the saaru/rasam and mix it and serve with rice or drink as soup.
- red beetroots taste good for this recipe, if you are using golden beets add more tamarind extract and jaggery.