Cucumber Idli recipe | sautekaayi idli | Saoutekayi idli i
Easy and tasty breakfast and lunch box recipe. This cucumber idli is Gluten free, vegan breakfast. And No need to ferment the batter and this is very easy breakfast recipe.
Best for people who prefer No onion No garlic in the dishes. Stays soft even after it is cooled, makes it perfect lunch box recipe as well.
Idli with cucumber flavor goes well with coconut chutney or any chutney of your choice.
Click here on CHUTNEY RECIPES for variety chutney recipes
Click here on IDLI RECIPES for variety idli recipes
Ingredients for making Cucumber Idli:
- around 3 cucumbers or 2.5 cups of grated cucumber
- 1 cup rice rave / akki thari / idli rave
- 1/2 fresh coconut
- 4 finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 to 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1.5 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- pinch of hing
- We can make around 20 idlis with the given measurement.
- Wash and peel the skin of the cucumber and then grate
- Take this grated cucumber in a bowl, add rava, coconut, and salt. Mix it well. cover it and keep it aside for minimum 1/2 hour
- Grease the idli plates and keep it ready
Prepare the seasoning:
- Heat the oil in ladle once hot, add hing, mustard seeds after it sputters add jeera, let it pop and then turn off the heat.
- After 1/2 hour + to the rava and cucumber mix add remaining ingredients – chopped coriander leaves, ginger, green chillies, prepared seasoning and mix it well
- Put this to the greased idli plates as shown. make sure to mix the batter everytime you take the batter.
- Steam cook the idlis on medium high heat for 20 minutes. if you are using a pressure cooker don’t put the whistle.
- After 20 minutes — reduce the heat to low, open the lid carefully and check the idlis. If the idlis are not sticking to the fingers then turn off the heat
- Leave for a minute and then remove the idlis from the plate.
- Serve the idlis with chutney