jackfruit seeds dosa recipe | halasina hannina bijada dose | ಹಲಸಿನ ಹಣ್ಣಿನ ಬೀಜದ ದೋಸೆ ।breakfast recipe | Vegan dosa recipe | no need to ferment the batter |
Another malnad dosa recipe using jackfruit seeds.
Many of us don’t know what to do with the jackfruit seeds right? These seeds are a very rich source of protein and fiber. We can make many tasty recipes using the jackfruit seeds.
We already have the recipes using jackfruit seeds such as
Jackfruit seeds kodubale
Jackfruit seeds rasam
Jackfruit seeds vade / vada
Do try the above recipes instead of throwing the seeds away.
Also try the halasina hinna bijada dose / Jackfruit seeds dosa which vegan, gluten free, no onion, no garlic and no need to ferment the batter as well.
Also check these jackfruit recipes and breakfast recipes.
Ingredients for making jackfruit seeds dosa:
- 1 cup or around 40 jackfruit seeds/halasina bIja
- If it is dried then soak the seeds overnight. make sure to remove the white skin
- 2 cup rice (i am using dose akki)
- 2 tbsp kadle bele / chana dal / split bengal gram
- 2 inch fresh ginger ( it is recommended because the jackfruit seeds causes gas)
- 1/2 tbsp methi seeds/menthya/fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt or salt to taste
- 3 cups of water
- oil to make the dosa
- Wash and soak rice, chana dal and methi seeds in 2 cups of water for 3 to 4 hours or overnight
- Pressure cook the seeds in 1 cup of water on medium high heat. Turn off the heat after 3 whistles. Let it cool
- Transfer the water from cooked seeds to a cup, grind this along with ginger, jeera and pepper to a fine paste. Add cooked water to grind
- Now add soaked rice and grind it to a fine paste
- Transfer the batter to a pan
- Add salt and mix it well. Add water if needed to get the dosa batter consistency
- (I have used around 3 cups of water altogether.)
Making the Jackfruit seeds dosa:
- Oil and heat the tava on medium heat
- Mix the batter, take a ladleful of batter and pour it on the tava and make the dosa as shown in the video
- Add little on the top, cover it and let it cook
- Now the dose is done, remove and transfer onto a plate.
- No need to oil the tava before making the next dose.
- Repeat the same procedure for making more dose
- you can make the dosa as soon as you grind the batter or you can keep for few hours. Either way you will get good dosas.