kuchchida kadubu recipe | kuccida kadubu ಕುಚ್ಚಿದ ಕಡುಬು- please watch the video for detailed instructions
Kuccida kadubu is north karnataka festival sweet usually prepared during nagara panchami festival and ganesha festival as well. This is not steamed kadubu as we have sweet kadubu and khara kadubu, we prepare this kucchida kadubu like cooking in the boiling water, more like frying in the boiling water. Tastes good when it is served hot with ghee.
When we are @kadubu check these kadu recipes as well
Sihi kadubu(jaggery and coconut filling)
And check these breakfast recipes , chutney recipes
Ingredients for making kuchchida kadubu:
- For the kanaka (dough)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- around 1/4 cup water
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup togari bele /toor dal
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1/2 cup jaggery (more or less)
- 2 pinches of cardamom powder
- 1 cup water to cook the beLe /dals
- Wash and pressure cook the dal with 1 cup of water, pinch of turmeric powder and 1/4 tsp oil on medium heat. Turn off the heat after 3 whistles
- Take the cooked dal in a thick bottom pan, add coconut, add jaggery.
- Mix it and let it be on low heat.
- Stir . once the filling reaches this consistency turn off the heat and let it cool completely
- Combine wheat flour, salt in a bowl. add water and mix. the consistency of the dough should be as shown in the video. Apply little oil ane keep it aside for 10+minutes
To make the kadubu:
- Boil enough water in a flat bottom pan on medium heat.
- Knead the dough again.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts, take a portion and roll it as shown
- Place the filling as shown, apply water to the edges, fold, and seal
- Prepare 3 to 4 and keep it ready
- Once the water starts to boil add the prepared kadubu, (make sure water is @rolling boil and keep enough water
- once it is cooked it will float(may be 2 minutes) then flip and cook the other side as well
- Kadubu are cooked well, remove with a perforated ladle. normally it takes around 5 minutes to cook both sides
- Serve this hot kuchchida kadubu with ghee
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining kadibu .
Points to remember:
- 1.make sure there is enough water in the pan
- 2.Water must be boiling before you add kadubu