Mango melogara | mavinakayi melogara | mavinakayi sihi goujju | Green Mango sihi gojju
Green Mango melogara is a traditional malnad recipe . It is a sweet, sour and spicy side dish that goes well with rotti, rice and other south indian breakfasts. If this mavinakayi melogara is prepared properly with the right amount of jaggery, it can be stored for months. This is no onion no garlic, vegan , and gluten free side dish. Since it can be stored for months, it is a good travel side dish as well.
Do prepare this recipe and share your thoughts.
Other mango recipes you can try are
Mango – mustard rice
Mango – sesame seeds rice
And CLICK HERE for more MANGO recipes
Ingredients for making Mango Melogara:
- 4 mavina kayi / green Mango
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp salt(quantity depends on the sourness of the salt
- around 15 green chilies
- around 3/4 cup jaggery
- fresh ginger
- Cut mango, ginger and green chilies as shown here
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, once hot add mustard seeds
- After it pops add ginger, fry it for a minute, then add green chilies, turmeric powder
- fry it until the chilies turn white
- Now add green mango,mix it well.
- Fry it for 2 minutes and then add salt and jaggery
- Stir and cook it until this gojju thickens.
- The consistency should be thick. Once it becomes thick (please watch the video for the perfect consistency) turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Once it is cooled completely, store it in a glass jar.
- 1 week @room temperature
- 2. month in the refrigerator
- If you add 2 to 3 times the jaggery that I have used here then you can store this for 6 months @room temperature.