rava kesari recipe | vegan sooji halva Vegan kesari bhaat / vegan rava kesari recipe
Most popular sweet Kesari baath or sooji halwa. This dessert is perfect for festival days or just to quench the sweet cravings! With the touch of cardamom and natural color and cooling effect from the saffron makes it more festive and delicious sweet. It is common to relish kesari bath with a khara bath/uppittu , popularly called chow-chow bath. This combination dish can be prepared in 30 minutes( yes , both sweet and khara), good for sudden unexpected guests,
In this recipe instead of ghee I have used neutral flavored oil making this as vegan sweet recipe for vegans.
You can put the kesari bath on a greased plate and spread it and cut into desired shapes, it will be a semolina cake, best for parties and get-togethers.
Ingredients vegan rava kesari:
- 1/2 cup upma rava|suji |coarse semolina| coarse rava
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 to 2.5 tbsp coconut oil or any neutral flavored cooking oil
- 7 to 8 cashews (broken into small pieces)
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 cardamoms (powdered)
- pinch of saffron soaked in warm water
- 1 small banana
- or pineapple or mango pulp
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium low heat,
- fry/roast the cashews until it turns brown and the raisins are puffed up.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- Keep the pan back on the stove, roast the rava until it turns light golden brown
- Transfer the rava to a plate,
- In the same pan boil the water.
- Once the water starts to boil, add chopped banana
- Add roasted rava and mix it well. cover it and let it cook for a minute or 2 on medium low heat
- Once it is cooked well, add sugar, saffron water . Mix it well . cover it and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes on low heat
- After 3 to 4 minutes – kesari baath will be done, add cardamom powder, and fried nuts and raisins . mix it well. turn off the heat.
- Serve this sweet hot or
- You can put it on the greased plate as shown here and sprinkle crushed almonds, pista and cashews, cut into desired shape and serve.