Cucumber rice | cucumber chitranna | soutekai chitranna
This cucumber rice is a quick and easy, tasty recipe which can be a good lunch box recipe as well. This sautekai chitranna is vegan, gluten free, no onion and no garlic dish.
Other cucumber recipes you can try are
Ingredients for cucumber rice:
- 2 cucumber
- around 3 cups of cooked rice (leftover rice is also good for this recipe )
- chopped coriander leaves
- juice of lemon or lime as per your taste
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp uddina bele / black gram
- 1 tsp kadle bele / bengal gram /chana dal
- +/- 6 green chilies (chop or slit the chilis)
- few curry leaves
- Cook the rice and keep it ready.
- Wash and grate the cucumber along with the skin,
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, once hot add mustard seeds, after it pops add dals
- Once the dals turns golden brown add chopped green chilies, fry it for few seconds, add curry leaves, turmeric powder,
- Then squeeze some juice from the grated cucumber and add the cucumber,
- (You can drink this juice)
- Increase the flame to high and stir it for 2 minutes or until the raw smell disappears
- Turn off the heat and add rice, salt, lemon juice, and coriander leaves. Mix it well.
- Finally, add grated coconut. Mix it and serve.