green lentils pulao | green masoor dal rice
Whole green lentils pulao is a healthy one pot meal. Best lunch box recipe for working people, bachelors and students as well. No need to soak the lentils and you can use available vegetables from your fridge. It is a vegan and gluten free rice dish which can be prepared for any meal. Please click “vegan recipes” for more vegan dishes and “gluten free ” recipes
Check these RICE DISHES as well. And also easy pressure cooker one pot recipes.
Ingredients for green lentils pulao:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup green masoor lentils
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 carrot and 1 onion ( and any vegetables of your choice)
- 1 bay leaf(optional)
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 3 to 4 green chilies (finely cut or slit)
- Wash and soak the rice and lentils 1 cup of water until for 10 minutes
- Wash and cut the carrot, and chop the onion
- Crush jeera, and coriander seeds into fine powder
For making pulao:
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker on medium heat
- once the oil is hot add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, after it pops add a tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- add a bay leaf(optional), turmeric powder, crushed jeera and coriander seeds. Fry it for a few seconds.
- Then add green chillies, chopped onion and sprinkle some salt, fry it .
- Add soaked rice and lentils along with water, add remaining water, and salt . Mix it well. let it starts to boil
- Once it starts to boil, mix it and cover the lid. Turn off the heat after 2 whistles
- Once the pressure is completely released from the cooker, remove the lid, mix it gently and Serve with raita or as it is.