Eerulli sasive | Erulli mosaru sasive | onion sasive | Onion in a mustard coconut gravy.
Erulli sasive | neerulli sasive is an easy and tasty side dish which goes well with rotti, rice , idli as well. In this recipe I have used vegan PEANUT CURD, you can use regular curd / yogurt.
Peanut curd recipe – PEANUT CURS/YOGURT
Ingredients for onion sasive:
- 5 onions
- 1/2 cup vegan curd or regular curd
- around 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 4 green chilies
- 1 tsp rock salt or salt to taste
- 1 tsp jaggery (optional)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds(for masale)
- 1.5 tsp cooking oil or ghee
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp uddina bele/urad dal/black gram
- 1 byadagi red chilies (broken into pieces)
- few curry leaves
- Finely chop the onions
- Grind mustard seeds, green chilies,salt, jaggery and coconut , without adding water.
- Then add water and grind it to a fine paste
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds
- after it pops add dals, fry it until the dals turns golden brown
- Then add curry leaves, red chili pieces, and chopped onion
- Fry it for 2 minutes
- Turn off the heat and let it cool
- Add masale, curd, and mix it well.
- Onion sasive/mosaru bajji is ready to serve.
- Goes well with rice, rotti, rotis ,,,,