Bale dindu kosambari | Banana stem kosambari | banana stem and moong dal kosambari recipe | Banana stem with green gram / hesaru bele
bale dindu hesarubele kosambari |Healthy banana stem salad ।ಬಾಳೇದಿಂಡಿನ ಕೋಸಂಬರಿ
Very easy to make and healthy kosambari or salad recipe is this banana stem kosambari. If the banana stem is available please try this recipe.
Banana plants or trees are like Kamadhenu. every part is used 🙂 green Plantain, banana, Banana stem – and the banana flower can be used.
Banana stem is the best detoxifying food. This bale dindu is used in the southern part of India- Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu..
Banana stem is a rich source of fiber, potassium, Vitamins and it is diuretic . Regular use of this banana stem helps to detoxify the body , helps in weight loss, and prevents kidney stones.
Interested in other banana stem recipes? Check this Banana Stem mosaru bajji ,
Banana flower palya , banana stem palya
How to prepare the Banana Stem before using it:
Remove or peel every layer of the stem( 2 to 3) until you get the center core. This is the one we should use.
Wash this and cut it into small circles (disks) while removing the fiber using the fingers . Finely chop these pieces.
To prevent the chopped stem becoming brown, either place it in buttermilk, or squeeze some lemon juice and mix it .
To remove the extra fiber, place this chopped stem in the water. Take a wooden stick, move it ini a circular motion. All the remaining fiber will stick to the stick.
Ingredients for making Bale dindu kosambari | Banana stem kosambari :
- baale dindu/banana stem
- 2 tbsp hesarubele/moong dal/split green gram
- wash it well and soak the dal in 1.4 cup of water for an hour
- 3 green chilies (finely chopped)
- few curry leaves
- chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal /uddina bele /split black gram
- 1/2 tsp chana dal /kadle bele /split bengal gram
- 1/2 tsp salt or salt to taste
- pinch of hing
- juice of 1/4 lime or lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh coconut
- cut the banana stem as shown here in the video
- Finely chop it
- Chopped banana stem is around 1/2 cup
- Drain the water from the soaked dal, add it to the chopped banana stem, add lemon juice. Mix it well
- Heat the oil in a ladle on medium heat
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds, after it pops add dals, fry it until the dals turn golden brown
- Add green chilies, as it changes its color add hing and curry leaves, turn off the heat
- Add this seasoning to the kosambari
- Add salt, coriander leaves and coconut. Mix it well and healthy bale dindina kosambari ready to eat.