Green Mango gojju is very tasty and healthy side dish for rice, rotti, roti ,,,This is the Mango season and you should try this finger licking Mango gojju.
Some of the health benefits of this super healthy Green Mango / mavina kayi are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. Eating green mango with salt during the summer time helps to prevent water loss from the body. It helps in reducing liver problems and cleans the bacterial infections in the intestine. It is amazing that the nature gives us the right vegetables and fruits to take care of our body for seasonal changes. Green Mango is available usually during early summer, eating this will keep us hydrated, likewise eating Ellu Bella in Sankrathi keep us away from the dryness of skin. My sincere suggestion is please visit local markets, buy locally grown Organic vegetables and fruits. Consuming local, seasonal produce helps our body to rejuvenate, heal and moreover it is fresh 🙂
Try this easy and delicious green mango gojju.
Try Mango chitranna, Mango rasam , Mango chitranna with sesame seeds, Mango thokku
Ingredients for making green mango gojju:
- 1 green mango
- 15 to 16 green chillies
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- ½ tsp menthya/methi seeds/fenugreek seeds
- Around 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp jeera
- 2 to 3 pinches of hing
- Wash and cook the mango with some water( may be around ¾ to 1 cup). While cooking you have keep rotating the mango so that it cooks evenly. Once the mango is cooked well. Check this by pressing the cooked mango it has to be very soft. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Transfer the water to a cup, peel the mango skin and thoroughly mash the cooked mango.
- Grind the green chillies and keep it ready.
- Heat a small pan, dry roast the methi seeds and jeera.
- Powder this roasted methi seeds and jeera using a mortar and pestle.
- Add this to the mashed mango paste.
For the seasoning:
- Heat the oil in a small pan, once the oil is hot enough add mustard seeds.
- After it pops add jeera and hing. Then reduce the heat to low or even turn off the heat and add the ground green chili. Mix it well and then increase the heat to medium, fry it for ½ minute and then turn off the heat.
- Add this seasoning to mango paste, add salt, and mix it well
- Then add 1 to 2 tbsp of water(from the cooked mango) mix it well.
- Cooked raw mango gojju is ready.
- After making this gojju adding some coconut oil enhances the taste.
- You can add finely chopped onion to the gojju as well.
- You can store 1 month in fridge.
- You have to reduce or increase the amount of green chillies depending on the sourness of Mango.
- If you like add some jaggery as well.