Air fryer mixture recipe | No oil Mixture recipe | Vegan and gluten free Mixture recipe | Air fryer recipes
Mixture is one of the popular snacks in India.. Every state has its own recipe for this, all I can say is, it is a crunchy, additive snack.
We do have the traditional deep fried mixture recipe HERE in our website swayampaala.com , but this vegan mixture snack is made using air fryer and also not with usual besan flour but we have used rice flour to make the Sev in this recipe .
Check out these other air fryer recipes as well
Ambode using air fryer
Air fryer Potato frys
Air fryer Kharada kaddi / sev recipe
For more snack recipes CLICK HERE
Any crunchy crispy snacks like Khara sev, chakli, mixture…are addictive and tasty as well.
Usually these are deep fried snacks. I am trying our deep fried snacks using the air fryer and I am liking it. To give you a fair review – no doubt deep fried snacks taste better, but air fried snacks are guilt free, tasty and with less or no oil.
Ingredients for making Air fryer mixture recipe :
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp rock salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp jeera or cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ajwain / omam
- 1/4 tsp jeerige menasina pudi (optional)
- 1 tsp or more red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder1 tsp sesame 2 tbsp groundnut /peanuts
- 2 tbsp hurigadale / fried gram
- 2 tbsp sliced dried coconut
- above ingredients – You can add more or less
- few curry leaves
- 1 cup water
- Chakli press with Sev disc
- Boil the water in a pan on medium heat
- to the boiling water add salt,omam, jeera,sesame seeds, turmeric powder, rice flour , red chili powder, mix it. add a pinch of hing .
- Mix it, turn off the heat. and cover it and keep it aside for few minutes
- Dry roast the peanuts in a pan on medium heat, transfer it onto a plate,
- Dry roast the coconut slices until it turns golden yellow.transfer it onto a plate,
- Dry the curry leaves on medium low heat.
- Grease the chakli press and the sev disc as well
- Once the rice mix becomes warm, knead it well until it forms the soft dough. kneading is important.
- Place the dough in the press as shown
- Press this in a circular motion directly into the air fryer pan as shown
- Make sure not to overlap
- Set the fryer to 180ºC
- Set the fryer timer to 20 minutes
- check after 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, bottom part will be cooked, flip the sev, and let it fry on the other side as well
- after another 8 minutes, check one more time, break a piece and see, if it is not crisp keep this back again and fry for few more minutes.
- Break the sev, add roasted peanuts, hurigadale, coconut and curry leaves, mix it,
- Overall it takes around 18 minutes to make the sev.
- Keep another 2 minutes, then the mixture is ready to serve.
- you can add little oil, chili powder, and salt. mix it and serve.