Avarekalu mixture Recipe | Hyacinth beans Snack Recipes
Avarekalu mixture is another addictive deep fried, evening Tea or Coffee time snack. This is seasonal and only find in Karnataka, particularly in Bangalore – Mysore region. avarekalu mixture is mix of peanuts, fried gram dal, peanuts and spices. You can add fried poha as well .
If you are fan of this avarekalu you should try avarekalu rotti, avarekalu melogara, avarekalu uppittu, hitakavare saaru
Ingredients for making Avarekalu Mixture:
- 2 cups of avarekalu ( remove the avarekalu from the pods, wash and soak avarekalu for 3 to 4 hours, then remove the skin by pressing the soaked avarekalu between the fingers.
- handful of curry leaves
- ¼ cup dried coconut slices
- ¼ cup peanuts / groundnuts
- ¼ cup fried gram dal/hurigadale
- ¾ tsp salt or salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ⅛ tsp hing
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- oil to fry the avarekaLu
- Remove the avarekalu from the pods, wash and soak avarekalu for 3 to 4 hours, then remove the skin by pressing the soaked avarekalu between the fingers.
- After removing the outer skin, spread the avarekalu on a clean cloth for 5 to 10 minutes
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat
- Once the oil is hot put the avarekalu, fry it until it floats on top or becomes crisp.
- Remove the avarekalu using a perforated ladle onto a colander or paper towel.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining avarekalu
- Reduce the heat and fry the peanuts, when peanuts are done, remove and put it on the avarekalu
- After the peanuts fry the dried coconut pieces until it turns golden brown.
- Finally add curry leaves and turn off the heat. Remove the curry leaves when it becomes crisp.
- Now to this mix add hurigadale, turmeric powder,hing, salt, chilli powder and mix it well. Mixture is ready to serve, Store it in an airtight container.
- Don’t use small, tender avarekalu to make this snack.
- Try to separate and use same sized beans, use the small ones to make Avarekalu Rotti.