Easy to make horse gram dosa or huruLikaaLu dOse with detailed video instruction.
Horse gram is highly beneficial for health. It has a unique flavor and taste which makes the dish more delicious. Try this easy horse gram dosa where you don’t have to ferment the batter .
Horse Gram dosa is gluten free, vegan chutney with No onion and no garlic recipe.
Try other horse gram recipes :
Horse gram chutney powder
Horse Gram chutney
Horse gram Rasam and Playa
Benefits of horse gram :
Horse Gram is rich in minerals, especially iron, calcium and phosphorus. On the vitamin side, it is very rich B-Complex. Since it falls into the legume family, it is rich in both fiber and proteins. It is also contains polyphenols and antioxidants.Horse gram is very beneficial for patients with ulcer, diarrhea, hemorrhoids/Piles.Horse gram is a great diuretic. Horse gram is documented in Ayurveda to be beneficial to patients with respiratory issues, including Asthma and Bronchitis. Reduces Acidity and is an excellent home remedy for rheumatic pain.
Ingredients for making Horse Gram Dosa: 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 cup horsegram /ಹುರುಳಿ ಕಾಳು
- clean it before you use
- around 1/4 cup split black gram / urad dal /ಉದ್ದಿನ ಬೇಳೆ
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1.5 tsp menthya / methi seeds
- 2 tbsp gatti avalakki / thick poha
- around 1.5 tsp salt (or salt to taste)
- wash all the ingredients 2 to 3 times, soak this with 2 to 3 cups of water for 7 to 8 hours
- Grind the soaked ingredients in a grinder or mixer. If you are using mixer transfer some water into a cup, use it if needed. Grind it to fine consistency
- Transfer it to a pan, and grind the remaining ingredients
- final consistency should like regular dosa batter. add enough water to get the consistency
- Add salt and mix it well, cover it and keep it aside for 1/2 hour to 1 hour. No need to ferment the batter.
To make the Dosa:
- Grease and heat the skillet on medium heat
- Once the tava is hot enough, take a ladleful of batter, pour it in the center and spread in circular motion to make dosa
- put some oil on the dosa( of you put more oil you will get crisp dosa), cover it and cook it for a minute or so.
- After a minute…dosa is ready, remove and transfer it onto a plate
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining batter.
- serve this hot dosa with any of your favorite chutney
- remember to keep the flame on medium or medium low heat,