Menthya pudi / methi powder / menthe puDi or menthya jeerige pudi is more like chutney powder with 2 main ingredients methi seeds and cumin seeds. As we all know Methi seeds / menthya / fenugreek seeds have lots of medicinal value. They are loaded with antioxidants. These seeds promote healthy hair, and help to relieve discomfort due to arthritis. They also help to avoid constipation and aids in liver function and digestion. It helps in reduction of cholesterol and removal of toxins from the body.
And cumin seeds are promotes digestion, rich in iron, reduces pitta, helps in weight loss and more.
Knowing these benefits please prepare this menthya powder, eat with hot rice, little salt and little ghee and squeeze some lemon / heralekayi juice in the beginning of the meal. This powder is gluten free, vegan recipe. Other Menthya / fenugreek recipes are Menthya gojju, menthya tambuli, menthya dosa
Ingredients for making menthya pudi:
- 1 tbsp methi seeds/fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 15 to 20 black pepper
- 5 dried red chillies
- Heat the thick bottom pan on medium low heat, put menthya seeds and roast it, after 30 seconds, add red chillies
- when methi seeds changes its color add pepper (may take 1 to 1.5 minutes) add cumin seeds
- Roast it until the methi seeds sputters and cumin seeds changes its color.
- Once all the spices are roasted well, turn off the heat and allow it to warm
- Grind it to a fine powder. Store it in an airtight container
- Eat with hot rice and little ghee along with heraLekayi juice or lemon juice or the vate huLi