Onion sandige | Onion fryums | erulli sandige – Watch the video for detailed instructions
Easy to make onion Sandige recipe | erulli sandige . Only ingredients we need are rice, chilies either red or green is ok, salt and water. Onion is also optional .
Summer time is the time to prepare the happala, sandige, balaka… and eat during rainy, winter cold days. These are the easy recipes we can do at home instead of buying from stores. This is gluten free, additives free papads/sandige recipe
Hope you enjoy making THESE RECIPES during this summer like aralu sandige,
Ingredients for making onion sandige :
- 1 cup rice
- 1 medium size onion
- 6 green chilies
- around 6 cups of water(including soaking the rice)
- 3/4 tbsp rock salt or salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice with 1 cup of water
- Next Day- drain the water, wash again and soak it with 1 cup of water
- 2 nd day night: transfer some water to a cup and grind the soaked rice to a fine paste, add little water to grind
- Transfer it to a bowl, add some water to the mixer jar, and put that water as well.
- Cover it and keep this overnight to ferment
- Next morning- grind chilies and onion to a fine paste adding some water.
- mix the fermented batter and keep it ready
- Note- You can grate the onion instead of grinding. and you can use red chilis as well
- keep 4 cups of water in a thick bottom pan on medium heat to boil
- once it starts to boil add salt, and onion chili paste
- Reduce the heat to low and slowly pour the fermented rice batter stirring continuously
- keep stirring until the dough/batter looks shiny
- After 7 to 8 minutes on low heat – now the sandige batter is ready, turn off the heat . Cover it and let it warm
- grease the plates
- once the sandige batter becomes warm enough to handle take a tbsp of it and place it on the greased plate next to each other
- Sun dry these sandiges for 2 to 3 days
- After 3 days under a hot sun – Onion sandige are ready. Store it in an airtight container and use it when you want to eat
- To deep fry – heat enough oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the oil is really hot add the sandige, fry it and serve.