Mango gojju recipe | mavinakayi gojju | Green Mango gojju – please watch the video for detailed instructions.
Here is another tasty side dish using green mango.
Using seasonal vegetables, fruits are always good for health. Keeping that in mind we have this Mango gojju recipe for this mango season.
This is Vegan, gluten free and no onion, no garlic dish goes well with rice, rotti, rotis…
Also check these other Mango recipes such as .
For more Mango /mavinakayi recipes CLICK HERE
Ingredients for making mango gojju:
- 4 green mango
- 3/4 cup coconut(fresh)
- 3/4 tbsp rock salt or salt to taste
- chopped coriander leaves
- around 2 cups of water
- around 3 to 4 tbsp jaggery(amount of jaggery depends on the sourness of the mango)
- ¼ tsp oil
- around 8 byadagi red chillies
- 1/2 tsp kadle bele /chana dal
- 3/4 tsp uddina bele/urad dal
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp menthya/fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 15 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/8 tsp hing
- 1 red chili
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal / uddina bele
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- Wash and cut the mango as shown in the video.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add menthya, , keep stirring and add one by one – urad dal , chana dal. red chillies, jeera, sesame seeds, curry leaves, and mustard seeds. fry it for a minute and then add coriander seeds. Then fry it until the dals turn golden brown and curry leaves become crisp.
- Once the dals turned golden brown. Turn off the heat and let it cool(keep stirring for a few more seconds after turning off the heat.
- Grind the masala without adding water first
- Then add coconut, enough water and grind it to a fine paste and keep it ready.
To make the Gojju:
- Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan on medium pan. Once hot add hing. mustard seeds, after it pops add urad dal.
- Add chopped mango, mix it, cover it and let it cook for a minute or so.
- after 3 to 4 minutes – add the masala, add some water to the mixer jar, add that as well along with salt, jaggery, and enough water and let it boil on low heat for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves and mix it and turn off the heat.
- Serve this gojju with rice, rotti, rotis….
- To get the desired consistency of the gojju I have used 2 cups of water altogether.