Balekayi manchuri recipe | manchurian recipe | raw banana manchurian recipe
Balekayi manchuri recipe | raw banana manchurian recipe | ಬಾಳೇಕಾಯಿ ಮಂಚೂರಿ । balekai manchuri | balekayi manchuri | vegan recipes | swayampaaka
Please watch the video for consistency, how to cut bananas and more tips.
balekayi Manchurian is deep fried crispy green / raw banana snack tossed in a spicy homemade sauce. balekayi Manchurian recipe is adopted from the Chinese cuisine to our taste. Here in this recipe- I have not used any store bought sauce like soya sauce, tomato ketchup. Pure and simple!
Kids friendly and perfect evening snack with a hot cup of coffee or Tea!
Please check these jackfruit manchuri, cabbage manchuri and gobi manchuri as well. We have not used any store bought sauce in these recipes.
Kitchen tools we use – https://amzn.to/3xfuu4J
Ingredients for balekayi manchuri recipe:
- green banana manchurian
- 2 to 3 green banana / balekayi
- 3 tbsp maida /all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- around 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp powdered jaggery(optional)
- oil to fry and for seasoning
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped green chilies
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tbsp grated /minced garlic
- around 1 cup finely chopped onion
- generous amount of chopped coriander leaves
- juice of half lime/lemon
- Wash and cut the banana as shown here. Place it in the water
- Transfer the cut banana from the water to a bowl. add a tsp of salt and mix it
- Add the flours, chili powder, and mix it. Then sprinkle water and mix it
- The consistency of the batter should be as shown in the video . I have used 1/4 cup water. Add water accordingly
- Heat enough oil to fry the banana pakodas on medium heat
- Once the oil is hot(check by adding a piece of banana, it has to come up immediately) add the banana pakoda mix as shown HERE
- Fry it until all sides turn golden brown
- Then remove it and transfer it to a colander
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining mix
- Separate the fried banana pieces and keep it ready
- Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a pan on medium heat, add jeera, fry it for few seconds, then add green chilies, ginger and garlic. Fry it for 1 to 2 minutes
- Add chopped onions, fry it for 1 to 2 minutes, then add chopped tomato. Increase the flame to high and fry it
- once the water evaporates, add jaggery, banana pakodas, salt, and chopped coriander leaves.Turn off the heat and mix it well
- Squeeze the lemon juice.( add less when the tomatoes are sour)
- Mix and Serve. while serving pur come chopped onion and coriander leaves. Enjoy!